4.16.2010

Photo Friday: Hello, little girl.

Film: Provia

I remember celebrating my 21st birthday with a "Kiddie Party" theme. There were party hats, balloons, Dance Dance Revolution and karaoke! The food served were the typical spaghetti, chicken lollipops and hotdogs on a toothpick with a marshmallow on top which were the most common delectables for a 5-year old's birthday party in Manila. I also just graduated from college, so it was the perfect time to celebrate.

I wanted a kiddie party because, I thought, "Okay, I'll be stepping out of my comfort zone now and into the real world. It's time to be an adult and take responsibility. You're only a kid once, so might as well enjoy it while it lasts!" Part of that now is true, I am taking more responsibility, and trying not to rely too much (financially) on my parents. But I feel like I still have the kid in me and I don't think I want to lose that, because once I let that go, then I'd probably be the snotty, boring, uptight, stressed out working lady who doesn't know how to have fun anymore- and that scares me. 

So I guess I'll hold on to that little girl who gets lost in the music as she dresses up in the morning,  watches cartoons on a Saturday and asks the silliest questions, eager to learn more about life. 'Cause as you grow older, you'll need that kid in you to keep you grounded and remind you that life shouldn't be as hard and complicated, it should be simply lived

Happy happy weekend!

4 comments: