1.26.2012

The Truth About Convenience

a veces le daba por dormir a metro y medio del suelo.
(Click photo for source)
It's been 6 months since I started to take up photography full time. One thing that led me to do this entry is personally experiencing how convenience can be a stumbling block to growth.


Not having a 9 to 5 job is definitely freeing, but the freedom can also distract you from the reason why you quit that job in the first place:

To pursue your dream and get the job that you love

I haven't had the luxury of bringing a car with me lately when I go to shoots for my apprenticeship. Early on, I felt like not going to the shoots because it would be so inconvenient to walk and ride the bus or the jeepney to the location. But I thought about it and figured that if I don't go, I miss an opportunity to learn.
(Plus! I am now learning to walk the streets of Makati and finding easier and cheaper ways to get myself to certain locations it's amazing)

Sometimes you have to sacrifice your convenience in order to reach your goals. 


Be cautious! It's so easy for us to pass on opportunities just because it doesn't fit our personal schedules, it's too far, too early, you don't have a ride, you want to get more sleep... You make up so many excuses that you don't realize how much learning  and counted experiences you've lost.

It's all about the attitude


How you react to inconvenience tells you about your attitude towards pursuing your dreams.
It tells you if you're passionate enough for it and reveals whether or not it's your passion to begin with.

If you're just starting like me, grab every chance you can get to learn. These are the building blocks of your career (be it photography, graphic designing, cooking, styling, hosting). Feed the hunger.

Fill yourself with the discipline it takes to get where you want to be.

Throw convenience out the door and start working hard to get there. In the end, it will all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment