7.09.2009

The Runaways

Who else is excited about this upcoming film? I'm looking forward to watching it. They were such a powerhouse all-girl band in the 70's, I can't wait how they're going to depict the lives of Joan Jette (played by Kristen Stewart) and Cherie Currie (Dakota Fanning). I think most music junkies are going to expect a lot from the film. I'm just ready to learn about the rock n' roll music industry back in the day. I mean, come on it's my dad's generation.

I honestly enjoy listening to the classics. Musicians who pioneered rock/punk and are now considered idols and influences by great artists today. Sex Pistols, Blondie, The Ramones. I hate people who wear their shirts and don't even know their music! *Sorry, random thought*

I really hope Kristen Stewart does a great job on this. No matter what people say or think, I like her! She's not all glam like most celebrities and she's so awkward. I'm not a Twilight fan so I can't say i loved her there but I did enjoy some of her other movies (yes my loves) like In the Land of Women *Oh Adam Brody* and Into the Wild (she had a pretty small role, but still!). It's time for her to prove herself to critics, and I think she will. It's extremely different from all the other roles, she'll blow them away.. I hope. haha! We'll see in 2010!

4 comments:

  1. I liked Kristen Stewart and can't really see why everyone slates her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which is why I think this movie's an opportunity for her to show what she's got :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so friggin' jazzed about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So am i! *obviously* can't wait to read the reviews, I hope theyre not too harsh.

    ReplyDelete