6.01.2011

Trust30 - 15 Minutes to Live

I've just joined a challenge to learn more about myself, learn how to look within myself and to trust myself.

There's no better time to do this because I'm at a point in my life where I have to make big decisions, especially as I plan to really FOLLOW MY PASSION (more details on that when it actually happens, give it a month from now).

TRUST30 will be led by inspiring thought-leaders some whom I already follow. 30 prompts for 30 days will be given for you to write and reflect on. Are you up for the challenge?

First Prompt
15 Minutes to Live by Gwen Bell

We are afraid of truth, afraid of fortune, afraid of death, and afraid of each other. Our age yields no great and perfect persons. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You just discovered you have fifteen minutes to live.
1. Set a timer for fifteen minutes.
2. Write the story that has to be written.
Response
In my 23 years of existence I've been hurt, caused others pain, been betrayed, been rejected, been used,  felt like I was going to die, cried myself to sleep, been laughed at, screamed at- every awful thing imaginable, I've experienced it. 
On the other hand tho, I've also - been extremely happy, content, satisfied, peaceful, I've inspired others, met wonderful people across the globe (thanks to the amazing world of technology), helped those in need, cried of laughing, been a shoulder to cry on, shown love to others, passed on kindness and lived without regrets. 
I feel like I needed to go through all these to learn about who I am,  mend my relationship with God, to be a better daughter, sister, friend, co-worker. 
To those whom I've hurt and disappointed - I know I've been selfish, and I deserve all the dirty words for making you feel that way. But always remember that I would never hurt anyone on purpose. I know I can't take the pain away and for that I am deeply, truly sorry. 
To those who persecuted me for being me - It's difficult to love you, but I can honestly say that I've prayed for each of you. I've prayed to be more patient and kind towards you despite all the hate. I hope that you find yourselves and not dwell on other people's downfalls - instead focus on making your lives more amazing that it probably already is. The world doesn't need more hate, it needs love and care, and I sure hope that you get to give the world what it deserves. 
To those who loved me unconditionally  - I love you. Thank you for accepting my flaws, going through my crazies with me and understanding my indifference. It because of you that I've always felt motivated to do the things I love, make a change in the world and truly be myself. 
I'll probably need more than 15 minutes for this! So I'm glad I'm not dying. But I guess the main point of this entry for me, is to really live a life without regrets, fix broken relationships, encourage one another and just be the BEST human being you can possibly be. 
Continue to love and be loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment