5.02.2013

Photos and Words 10: Your Reality
























Thanks to some NLP (Neuro-Linguistics Program) training that happened this week, I got to get to know myself better in terms of my personality and how to deal with people who are different from me. It was a good reminder that no matter how different a person is, there are always ways to have healthy conversations with them.

Aside from that, I was also reminded that I'm very blessed to be able to work at a photography studio that allows me to do other personal and professional projects.

When we were asked why we go to work everyday, most people answered, "Because I have to pay the bills/ help my family/ make rent" - these answers were all driven by FEAR. It seems that fear tends to become our drive to do accomplish things nowadays.

As we grow older and realize the many responsibilities adults have, we become more cynical and negative. We lose our childish spirits and just become completely jaded. We think to ourselves, "THIS is reality. If something good happens, it'll just happen. But this is it."

Why can't we be driven by our LOVE for our passions instead? We've forgotten that we choose to create our realities. We choose the jobs we get, the kind of work we do. Everything is a choice.

The facilitator asked us to make a list of what we Love, Hate, Like and Dislike and asked us if what we're doing now allows us to be surrounded by the things we Love and gives us time for the things we Like. I'm pretty happy to say that my job allows me to do exactly that. It also helps me get rid of the negative baggages that I used to carry around.

Destiny doesn't dictate what happens in your life, you do. Now go kick ass and create your own reality! 

No comments:

Post a Comment